Ostraka - Forum di archeologia

Piramidi in Europa

« Older   Newer »
Irna
view post Posted on 13/6/2013, 21:41 by: Irna

From another topic:

QUOTE (Pablito50 @ 13/6/2013, 18:54) 
Sul topic delle piramidi bosniache interverrò tra poco, visto che mi avete sfidato a provare che sulla cima della Piramide del Sole o Collina di Visoćica non vi sia mai stato alcun sito archeologico.

Of course nobody said that "there never were any archaeological site" on Visocica. There is the well known medieval town and fortress, protected as National Heritage; and there are numerous indications of Roman and pre-Roman fortifications. Most of the heights in the vicinity have seen more or less fortified settlements during the Bronze and Iron Age and, as I said in the other topic, the situation of Visocica is strategically interesting.

The question I was asking in the other topic is that of a supposed medieval monastery, that you mentioned several times here and elsewhere. You also said that Visocica was considered "a sacred place", and I was wondering what were your sources for this idea.
And lastly, saying that Visocica is an archaeological site - which is evident - with local defensive amenagements, is not the same thing as claiming that the hill was "modelled in the shape of a pyramid" by man, a claim for which I could not find any source or evidence in the published documentation.

Irna

259 replies since 7/1/2011, 20:48   11515 views