Ostraka - Forum di archeologia

L'archeoacustica come nuova scienza, Un nuovo modo di indagare gli antichi templi

« Older   Newer »
Irna
view post Posted on 12/6/2013, 23:44 by: Irna

Hi everybody,

I'll try to answer to everyone, but it will be a looong post :)
This time I'll not put an Italian version, because I can't rely on Google to provide an accurate one, and I would not wish to have my meaning altered by the machine. Sorry for this, I know it's very improper to write in a foreign language on a forum :(

QUOTE (§Karl§ @ 12/6/2013, 20:52) 
Hi Irna. If you want to post something of archaeological about "the pyramids" you can do it here: https://ostraka.forumfree.it/?t=53186252 Or if you like you can open new thread. Me too i would like to know something else of scientific, if you have it.

I know of this thread about the "pyramids", and participated in it at a time. I'll try to put there some updated links later. But I would wish first to answer some of the posts of the last hours here, and to develop a bit about my main point of contention here, that is the use of the term "archaeo-acoustics" applied to the hill Visocica.

QUOTE (leda77 @ 12/6/2013, 12:42) 
To Irna, I would ask not to make war on Pablito here on the forum. I do not understand also the reason. If it discovered by members of the SGBR will prove to be a hoax, they will have wasted time and money unnecessarily.

First I must make clear that of all that Pablito accuses me of, only one thing is real: I did translate in French the dossier about the Bosnian pyramids on another forum (www.eclisseforum.it/category/piramidi-bosniache/), because I thought that it asked good questions and completed my own work on these "pyramids". Everything else (that I would have contacted Pablito's Director or such things) is false.

Second, there is no "war" against Pablito. My interest lies in the "pyramids" hoax, of which I have been writing, from time to time, for seven years now.
I have no opinion whatsoever on his archaeo-acoustic research per se; but the fact that he talks of archaeo-acoustics for Visocica implies that he thinks that the place is an archaeological site. Moreover, the work of his group has been, and is still, used by Osmanagic and the Foundation to support their own hypothesis. As they cruelly lack archaeological evidence, they use his research as evidence of the existence of the "pyramid" and of an ancient civilization with extraordinary abilities.
It seems that I'm not permitted to put links in my posts at the moment, as I had to create my account anew (post edited for the links); but you can find some examples of the way the SBRG's work is used:
- in the Italian press: http://sbresearchgroup.eu/index.php/it/not...ttura-in-bosnia
- on the Foundation site: http://piramidasunca.ba/eng/latest-news/it...of-the-sun.html (Slobodan Mizdrak, who claims here the existence of an "iron plate" 2400 meters below the "pyramid", is a member of the SBRG, and was the responsible for the experiment on Visocica described here: http://sbresearchgroup.eu/index.php/en/not...sonic-emissions)

It's for this reason that I have been repeatedly asking Pablito for evidence: what is the archaeological evidence that convinced him that Visocica was a genuine ancient site? I must say that it seems that he was convinced of this before he made any acoustic experiment on the hill; I have discussed this with him several times, both publicly and privately, and he never explained it clearly. Moreover, he recognized several times having been misleaded by some of Osmanagic's claims, for instance when he accepted the idea of an artificial concrete forming the slabs of Visocica, till the SBRG geologist, Dr Croce, analyzed this "concrete" and showed that it was a natural conglomerate (Dr Croce's work is not published yet, but Pablito gave me access to it back in 2011).

I would not have bothered to discuss with Pablito, nor to ask him these questions, if he was one of the New Age "believers" that surround Osmanagic. The fact that he is an academic is important: one would expect that a university professor would verify the facts and not launch headlong in such an affair without good reasons, reasons that I keep asking of him, so gaining his enmity.

Let's see now the SBRG's published papers of archae-acoustics in Visoko region.

QUOTE (Pablito50 @ 12/6/2013, 14:55) 
Le mie ricerche di archeoacustica che hanno riguardato principalmente i tunnel di Ravne hanno dimostrato che esiste un forma di risonanza ben calibrata come in altri templi neolitici e questo ha fatto arrabbiare Irna in quanto lei sostiene che si tratta solo di miniere medievali. [...]

http://sbresearchgroup.eu/Immagini/The_phe...th_of_Ravne.pdf

Presentato al congresso “Virtual International Conference on Advanced Research in Scientific Areas” (ARSA-2012) Slovakia, December 3 - 7, 2012. [...]

In esso si dimostra la presenza di un fenomeno di risonanza ben marcato all’interno dei tunnel di Ravne rimasti originali, cosa che appare assolutamente assurda a verificarsi in una miniera.

I did not "claim" that the tunnel is an ancient mine. Rather I showed in an article (http://irna.lautre.net/Light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel.html) that the observable facts were consistent with the possibility of a mine, and that the tunnel was still in use quite recently. At that time I did not know that the Foundation would find a miner's lamp, probably from the XVIIIth or the XIXth century, in one branch of the tunnel, as well as other more discreet evidence mentioned in Riccardo Brett's report (http://piramidasunca.ba/eng/projekat/izvje...amide-2012.html) such as traces of cartwheels.
Of course part of the tunnel could have pre-existed the supposed mining works. But, when you liken this tunnel to a "neolithic temple", is it solely on the basis of its sound resonance?

You say in this paper:
Visoki was a famous medieval royal castle town and monastery destroyed by the Ottomans during the fourteenth century.

and
These characteristics appear to have ultimately influenced the choice of construction of a particular temple in a certain location. We observed that when we found a natural interesting phenomenon, the archaeological site was
very ancient and important and had a church or temple present long before the arrival of medieval churches.

Unfortunately, I could not find in the historical or archaeological litterature any mention of a medieval monastery on Visocica, nor of any ancient temple or sacred place there. The hill, probably due to its strategic position at the confluence of the rivers, has been long occupied and fortified, but as far as I know has never had any "sacred" characteristics except the medieval cemetary of stecci on the West plateau below the town and fortress. But, of course, I've not been there recently, so that if you have sources unknown to me that mention some sacredness of the hill, I would appreciate the sharing.
I have already asked you the same question elsewhere, and I'll keep asking it, because it seems to me that it's an essential point: do you claim that Visocica is a very ancient sacred site solely because you found some acoustical characteristics?

Leda77, I hope I have answered your questions satisfactorily. I'll try tomorrow to give some links in the other thread about what geologists and archaeologists have to say about the "pyramids" - but it would be easier if I could insert real links :(
In the meantime, there is quite a lot of material on my website at irna.lautre.net...

Irna

Edited by Irna - 13/6/2013, 23:13

143 replies since 9/3/2012, 16:17   4917 views